PRS for Music
Our group licence agreement with PRS for Music covers festivals using venues/halls that do not have a PRS Licence already in place. The group licence allows permission for:
Instrumental & Vocal classes to:
- perform music compositions
- play recorded music as an accompaniment / backing track if required.
Songs from the Shows classes to perform excerpts from musical plays provided that:
- The excerpt does not exceed 25 minutes duration;
- it is not a complete act of the musical play;
- it does not constitute a ‘potted version’ of the musical play;
- it is performed without any change to either music or lyrics and using only the published or authorised musical arrangements AND…
- there is no use made of any form of scenery, costume, choreography, staging, character representation or special lighting which gives a visual impression or other portrayal of the writer’s original conception of the work from which the excerpt is taken.
Dance classes to play recorded music as an accompaniment / backing track if required.