What We Do
The Federation has been an incorporated charity since 1921, and we are proud to have Her Majesty The Queen as our patron.
There are almost 300 member festivals across the UK, Ireland and beyond including France, Gibraltar, Italy, Hong Kong, Malta, Singapore, Spain, Sri Lanka and Trinidad & Tobago. Some festivals have a wide range of music, speech and dance classes, whilst others are more specialist. Festivals offer a platform for performance, the opportunity to hear the work of others and the chance to receive feedback from a professional adjudicator.
The Federation of Festivals is the membership body for all festivals that provide opportunities for amateur performers and to the professional adjudicators / accompanists that work with our festivals. We support the festival movement by providing information, support, advice and essential services to our members including . . .
- advice line for members
- a Year Book with details of all festival, adjudicator, accompanist members and Friends of the Federation
- a definitive information pack for members with everything you need to know about Organising a Festival
- guidelines on recommended rates and terms for adjudicators and accompanists
- best practice advice and guidance on Safeguarding children and young people
- a Disclosure & Barring checking service (formerly CRB Checks) for festivals in England and Wales
- blanket agreements on insurance and copyright for members
- technical advice on how to exploit the latest Information Technology to increase participation at Festivals
- a thorough application process to assess the ability of Potential New Adjudicators
- local support for festivals and adjudicators/accompanists through the Festivals Council, the Adjudicators Council and Regional Representatives
- regional forums for members organised throughout the UK
- Regional Championships
- an annual conference
- regular newsletters
- handling enquiries from the general public
- working with strategic partners in the arts and voluntary sectors to increase the scope of our work:
For more info on becoming a member please click here